Choosing a countertop is an important part of the kitchen design as they take up a lot of the visual real estate. Your counters are, after all, where the cooking actually happens. When choosing new countertop surface material that suits your lifestyle, here are a few points to consider:
- Stone choice and design – your style statement
- Size and shape of material – thickness, length/overhang and edge style of slab
- Integration with the backsplash – if the materials will match what you have
- Adding or upgrading a kitchen island (whether or not it will match or become a statement piece)
- Durability and ease of maintenance – thinking about how you will be using the space
- Total cost of ownership (not only initially but also future cost)
We are always here to help you navigate these choices and answer any questions you may have.